I’m Super excited to share with you guys what has been going on with with the Community Meal preparation and planning. There is a lot going on. I realize all you’re very busy. When you get a moment please take a look at this update. GET ENGAGED! This is going to be a great event and we want you to be a huge part of it. As you will see below, there are many ways to serve!
Below I would like to share with you a brief update on what each committee is doing and HOW YOU CAN HELP.
1. Meal Delivery. WE DELIVER. In the past we have delivered over 250 meals from the kitchen at the Canandaigua Fire Hall to homes, retirement centers, apartment complexes and hospitals in Canandaigua, Geneva, Bloomfield, Newark, Farmington . . . pretty much wherever a hot meal needs to go.
If you would like to help deliver meals OR if you know of a person or an organization that would benefit from meal delivery please contact Tiffany. To help reach out at email@example.com or call us at 585-394-1930
2. Deserts. Jennifer Green is heading up dessert organization. If you would like to bake or bring a dessert for the meal please reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 585-394-1930
3. Set up and Hospitality. Emily Spinelli has taken the reigns of making sure we are set up properly and our guests feel as welcome as possible. If you would like to help her make this event great for our guests please reach out to her at email@example.com or call us at 585-394-1930.
We are looking for donations for flowers as table centerpieces. If you would like to donate flowers or know of someone
We are having Bryan Hanley from WB MASON donate table clothes and placemats. We are looking for local florists to donate flowers for the tables. If you know of anyone that could help us, send them our way!
SPECIAL THANKS to Crosswinds Church for stepping up and allowing us to use their tables and chairs and DANIELLE CLEMENT for renting us a truck to get the tables to and from the firehall!
4. Event Awareness. We need to get news of this event to as many people as possible. Tom and Jennifer Ewing from Ewing Graphics in Farmington have donated a huge banner, sidewalk sign and many grass signs that you will see around town next week. Be on the look out for them! Thanks guys.
Kara Tanoory and Izy Grooms are heading up a group of volunteers that are reaching out to local churches, soup kitchens and other community organizations in the area to create awareness. They are also going door to door next week with a team of volunteers handing out flyers to homes in Canandaigua. Do you know of a contact that helps to serve the community? Please forward them our info.
We also have flyers and posters readily available if you need them.
If you feel you could help serve in this way, please reach out to Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 585-394-1930.
5. Serving Food. Coach Jeff Welch has the Canandaigua Varsity Football Team ready to serve food for us Monday afternoon. They are also helping with Set up.
6. On-Site Organizations. Many local organizations have asked to be a part of the event in an attempt to make their services known to those we are trying to serve, Scheduled to be at the Community Meal are:
CareNet Pregnancy Center of Canandaigua
Jordon Health Center
No Where To Go
Finger Lakes Parent Network
The Partnership for Ontario County
LakeView Health Services
Habitat for Humanity,
Safe Harbor of the Finger Lakes
Ontario County NOEP (Nutrition Outreach Education Program)
If you know of an organization that can bring value to our Community Meal please reach out to Donna (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 585-394-1930. We would love to have you.
7. Entertainment. Nick Vecchioli has donated his band, Tickle Your Incus, to the event for some great live music. We will also have a balloon clown, for kids. If you have ideas entertainment please reach out to us at email@example.com
8. Food. This doesn’t happen without Eric Zimmerman and Charlie Gilligan from the Green Front stepping up in a big way. Special thanks to them for everything they do. If you would like to play a role in our food donations or food prep please let us know.
9. Facebook. We created a Facebook site dedicated to the Community Meal, which can be found at Community Meal. Please feel free to go there and share stories and pictures. Please come and take lots of pics and videos!
10. Financial donations. If the easiest way for you to serve and be a part of this event is via a monetary donation we would welcome it with open arms. So many “last minute” things come up that need to be purchased and previous donations have allowed us to continue to do this. If you are interested in making a financial donation please email me or call 585-394-1930. THANKS!
As always. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.