Dr. Jason here, and I would love to talk to you for a minute about a holiday community meal we are putting on with the Green Front restaurant. We are planning to serve 500 meals to those in need, Monday 11/23/15, at the Canandaigua Fire Hall from 4-7pm. Further details of the event are outlined in the flyer below.
With our first annual “Harvest Meal”, we are trying to accomplish two main goals:
- Provide a hot meal over Thanksgiving week for anyone who needs it.
- Create awareness for those in need, and build on our first event in order to provide additional community meals on a frequent basis.
In order for us to be successful I need your help.
How can you help?
- Awareness—the most important thing we can all do is make sure the people that truly need this help know that this is available to them. We can make this possible if you can help spread the word of this event.
- Forward this email on to friends and family
- Print out the flyer and hand it to someone at your church who routinely works with those in need.
- Share this information with any community organizations that you are affiliated with.
Anything you can do will help!
- Contribute—provide baked goods and coffee.We are blessed to have the Green Front helping us with preparations for the dinner. However, we do need help with deserts and coffee. If you feel you can help with this please let us know.
- Donate—commit to a small monetary donation for future community meals that we organize.Being able to help out those in need for the holidays is great, but if we are really honest with ourselves, there is a huge need in this community every day, not just around Thanksgiving. It’s our vision to be able to have community meals serving all those who need it on a monthly basis. This cannot become a reality without a commitment from others.
Thanks so much for taking a few minutes to read through this and I would ask you to consider helping this movement in some way. Please reach out to me if I can answer any questions or concerns that you have.